By David O. Williams
- C4 Waterman takes stand-up paddling from surf to snow at Teva Mountain Games in Vail
- GNC Ultimate Mountain Challenge returns to Vail to test top Teva Games athletes
- Registration open for the 2010 Teva Mountain Games
- Vail Nordic Center will close for the season April 4
- Past Olympians, world champions team with celebs for Vail's Korbel American Ski Classic March 17-21
- Vail Valley Foundation looks to fund local competitors through Athlete Commission grants
- Mountain bikers, off-road enthusiasts rally against Hidden Gems wilderness proposal
- Vail Resorts, Lindsey Vonn ink four-year sponsorship deal ahead of 2010 Olympics
- Armstrong, Ritter revving up talks to revive Coors Classic-style stage race
- All Real Sport Articles
September 4, 2009 — The Vail Recreation District (VRD) is hosting an open house from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 9 at Dobson Ice Arena to showcase youth skating options available at the arena during the upcoming school year.
During the open house, participants can enjoy free public skating, as well a free slice of pizza on a first-come, first-served basis from Pazzo's Pizza in Vail.
A youth hockey stick ($85 value), Vail hockey sweatshirt ($30 value), registration for one fall Learn to Skate Session ($75 value) and a free private figure skating lesson ($45 value) will be raffled off during the open house and you must be present to win.
According to Dobson Ice Arena Manager Jared Biniecki, the arena celebrated its 30th year in 2009 and continues to provide Vail Valley residents and guests with an array of activities for all ages.
"We're excited to host an open house and showcase the arena, our staff and educate the community about skating options available year-round in Vail," said Biniecki. "Whether you're a youth or adult beginner or professional skater, Dobson has a program and fit for you."
Youth Hockey registration is currently under way for the arena's youth skating programs including Learn to Skate, Freestyle Jumps and Spins, Mini Mite and Mite Hockey. The programs are for those who either want to learn how to skate or enhance their skating skills. The first youth skating sessions begin Sept.14 and will take place throughout the 2009-10 school year.
In addition to classes, Dobson Ice Arena also offers adult ice hockey leagues, adult broomball league, public skating, stick and puck sessions and non-ice events. For more information on the open house call 479-2271. For details about the arena, go to www.vailrec.com/icearena.cfm
Comment on "Free skating, Pazzo's pizza, hockey gear raffle Sept. 9 at Dobson Ice Arena in Vail" using the form below