- Masters Gallery and Artist Carrie Fell team up to teach Vail preschoolers to paint outside the lines
- Vail Rec District offers pre-schoolers everything from story hour to ice skating
- Youth figure skating, Ice Hockey program registration available for second fall sessions
- Vail Oktoberfest Fun Run offers 10K, 5K and 1K for runners of all ages
- Registration under way for slew of Vail Rec District skating programs at Dobson
- Vail Rec District launches registration for popular KidZone after-school program
- Vail Rec District Youth Sports Camps rev back up in August
- Vail Recreation District fall youth soccer registration under way until Aug. 8
- Raptor Education Foundation soars into Vail's Lionshead area every Friday in July
- All Real Kids Articles
June 2, 2010 — The Vail Recreation District (VRD) is offering young athletes a variety of youth sports camps this summer to learn new skills and improve upon their sports skills.
June camps include volleyball, baseball, gymnastics, golf and martial arts. The camps, which begin next week and last through August, also will include the addition of four new camps, the TetraBrazil Soccer Camp, martial arts camps, a sand volleyball camp and tennis camps, as well as the return of lacrosse, ice hockey, basketball and more.
Go to www.vailrec.com for more information. June camp details are as follows:
Volleyball Camp: June 6-8
Dowd Junction Facility (Old BMHS), Eagle-Vail
Colorado State University Head Volleyball Coach Tom Hilbert will lead participants in individual skills training during the three-day camp. Grades second through sixth will meet from 8 to 9:15 a.m. and grades seventh through 12th will meet from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Costs are $160 for grades seventh through 12th and $60 for grades second through sixth. Registration underway. Call 970-479-2280.
Rocky Mountain Baseball Camp: June 7-11
Ages Six and Older
Ford Park Athletic Fields, Vail
Coached by Colorado State University Pueblo Coach Stan Sanchez, the camp is great for all ability levels and will offer participants a chance to learn and improve. Costs are $150 for a full day, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. or $125 for a half day, 9 a.m. to noon. Children must be eight years or older to attend the full day session. Registration underway. Call 970-479-2280.
New! Martial Arts Camps: June 7-11, July 19-23 and Aug. 2-6
Ages Five to 12
Vail Gymnastics Center
The VRD's new youth martial arts camps will introduce children ages five to 12 to all aspects of martial arts. The camps are for all ability levels and will be operated by Vail Martial Arts Academy instructor Mathew Bayley. They will include instruction on all major Japanese, Korean, Chinese and American martial arts, plus include instruction from the national, award-winning Alert Kids Kidnap Prevention Program. Cost is $150 per camp. Call 970-949-8121.
Vail Gymnastics Summer Camps: June 14-18, June 21-25, July 19-23, July 26-30, Aug. 16-20 and Aug. 23-27
Ages Four and Older
Vail Gymnastics Center, Vail
Returning for a second summer, these week-long summer camps are for children ages four and older and will not only include gymnastics, but also outdoor adventures such as hiking, visiting local parks and excursions to Dobson Ice Arena, the Imagination Station, Vail Nature Center and more. Children will be grouped according to age and skill level. Costs are $125 for a half day, 9 a.m. to noon, or $150 for a full day, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Children must be six years or older to attend the full day camp. Registration is underway. Call 970-479-2287.
Vail Girl's Soccer Academy: June 14-18
Ages Six to 15
Dowd Junction Facility (Old BMHS), Eagle-Vail
Returning for its third year, experienced local coaches and athletes will lead participants in skills-based sessions including footwork, passing, receiving, touch, shooting and agility in an unique environment. Costs are $160 for a full day, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. or $130 for a half day, 9 a.m. to noon. Children must be eight years or older to attend the full day session. Registration underway. Call 970-479-2280.
Mini-Hawk Sports Training Camps: June 21-25 or July 19-23
Ages Four to Seven
Donovan Park Playing Field, Vail
This multi-sport program will give children ages four to seven a positive first step into athletics. The camp will include learning the essentials of baseball, basketball and soccer in a safe and fun environment. Campers also will explore balance, movement, hand-eye coordination and skill development. Camp runs from 9 a.m. to noon and cost $125. Registration underway. Call 970-479-2280.
Vail Golf Club Junior Golf Program: June 22-23, June 29-July 1, July 6-8, July 20-22, Aug. 3-4
Ages Six to 17
Vail Golf Club, Vail
The Vail Golf Club will be offering five sessions of three-day PAR and Birdie camps late June through early August. These programs cost $85 per session and are for children ages six to 17. Registration underway. Call 970-479-2260.
Additional sports camps taking place throughout the summer include:
• The First Tee of Eagle County: June through August, 970-479-2260
• Vail Skateboard Clinics: June 15 to Aug. 17, 970-479-2292
• VRD/Skyhawks Lacrosse Camp: July 5-9, 970-479-2280
• Vail Golf Club Junior Golf Program: June 29-July 1, July 6-8, July 20-22, Aug. 3-4, 970-479-2260
• New! Rocky Mountain Beach Volleyball Camp: July 6-8, 970-479-2280
• VRD North American Soccer Camp: July 12-16, 970-479-2280
• New! Junior Tennis Camps: July 12-16, Aug. 2-6 and Aug. 9-13, 970-479-2294
• Bob Johnson Hockey School: July 18-24, 970-479-2271
• Vail Gymnastics Summer Camps: July 19-23, July 26-30, Aug. 16-20 and Aug. 23-27, 970-479-2281
• Mini-Hawk Sports Training Camp: July 19-23, 970-479-2280
• New! Martial Arts Camps: July 19-23 and Aug. 2-6, 970-949-8121
• VRD Back-to-Basics All-Star Basketball Academy: July 26-30, 970-479-2280
• New! TetraBrazil Soccer Camp: Aug. 2-6, 970-479-2280
• New! Rocky Mountain Volleyball Camp: Aug. 12-14, 970-479-2280
Sponsors of VRD youth sports camps include: the Vail Daily, American National Bank, David Honda's Vail Sports Medicine Physical Therapy, Vail Realty, Antlers at Vail, Simba Run and The Resort Company and Vail Marriott.
Comment on "Vail Recreation District offers a slew of summer youth sports camps" using the form below