Courtesy of vailrec.com
- Vail Recreation District offers a slew of summer youth sports camps
- Masters Gallery and Artist Carrie Fell team up to teach Vail preschoolers to paint outside the lines
- Youth figure skating, Ice Hockey program registration available for second fall sessions
- Vail Oktoberfest Fun Run offers 10K, 5K and 1K for runners of all ages
- Registration under way for slew of Vail Rec District skating programs at Dobson
- Vail Rec District launches registration for popular KidZone after-school program
- Vail Rec District Youth Sports Camps rev back up in August
- Vail Recreation District fall youth soccer registration under way until Aug. 8
- Raptor Education Foundation soars into Vail's Lionshead area every Friday in July
- All Real Kids Articles
October 4, 2009 — As temperatures begin to cool, ushering in fall and soon-to-come winter, the Vail Recreation District (VRD) is offering preschool-aged children plenty of activities to get them indoors and out of the cold.
Children ages walking through five years old can enjoy a variety of indoor options throughout the week including gymnastics, skating and discovery and learning. Programs are as follows:
Children can enjoy story hour at the Town of Vail Library followed by skating at Dobson Ice Arena at either 10 a.m. or 11 a.m. on Wednesdays. Story hour is free and skating time is $10 per child for skates and instruction. Call (970) 479-2271 for details.
The Vail Gymnastics Center offers a variety of preschool classes from 9:15 a.m. to noon Monday through Friday for children that are walking through age 5. Classes include:
* Toddler Bears, for children walking through age 3.5, with instruction on shape courses, balance and swinging to help children develop and explore.
* Super Tots, for ages 3 to 4, with instruction on developing balance and coordination using the obstacle course, beanbags, swing areas and more.
* Rockin' Bears, for children ages 4 to 5, featuring gymnastics instruction in a fun setting that includes games and use of the gymnastics equipment.
* Super Bears, for ages 4.5 to 5 who are promoted from Rockin' Bears, enjoy a faster pace class that includes stretching and individual gymnastics instruction.
Go to www.vailrec.com or call (970) 479-2287 for details.
Discovery Bunch and Preschool Sports
Discovery Bunch, which takes place from 9 a.m. to noon on Monday and Thursday at the Youth Activity Room in the LionsHead parking structure, enables preschoolers to play, listen to stories, create art projects, sing songs and discover new experiences in a small, structured setting.
Discovery Bunch activities are based on books read each week and relate to a daily theme. Preschool Sports can be added on from noon to 1:30 p.m. and includes lunch and either skating at Dobson Ice Arena or gymnastics at the Vail Gymnastics Center. Go to www.vailrec.com or call (970) 479-2292 for details.
The Imagination Station, Vail's learning and discovery center, offers children ages 2 through 12 a wide array of hands-on science and art activities from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Monday through Friday throughout the fall season.
Cost is $10 per child, per hour. Hours vary by season. Go to www.vailrec.com or call (970) 479-2292 for details. To view a video of the Imagination Station, click here.
Comment on "Vail Rec District offers pre-schoolers everything from story hour to ice skating" using the form below