Courtesy of vailrec.com
- Vail Recreation District offers a slew of summer youth sports camps
- Masters Gallery and Artist Carrie Fell team up to teach Vail preschoolers to paint outside the lines
- Vail Rec District offers pre-schoolers everything from story hour to ice skating
- Youth figure skating, Ice Hockey program registration available for second fall sessions
- Vail Oktoberfest Fun Run offers 10K, 5K and 1K for runners of all ages
- Registration under way for slew of Vail Rec District skating programs at Dobson
- Vail Rec District Youth Sports Camps rev back up in August
- Vail Recreation District fall youth soccer registration under way until Aug. 8
- Raptor Education Foundation soars into Vail's Lionshead area every Friday in July
- All Real Kids Articles
August 9, 2009 — The Vail Recreation District's (VRD) after school program, KidZone, kicks off the 2009-10 school year beginning Sept. 2 at both Red Sandstone and Edwards Elementary Schools.
Registration for KidZone is under way and will offer children grades kindergarten through fifth recreational learning activities from 2:45 to 5:45 p.m., Monday through Friday throughout the school year.
Children enjoy activities including sports games, playground play, arts and crafts, group games and homework help. KidZone meets after school and also on designated no-school days.
Costs are $20 for a one-time registration fee (per family) and preregistered, prepaid days are $14 at Edwards Elementary and $12.50 at Red Sandstone Elementary.
According to VRD Youth Services Director Chad Young, the KidZone program provides engaging after-school activities that promote both physical and educational opportunities for children.
"We're excited to offer children after school activities that will encourage creativity and curiosity," Young said. "It's always great to be able to provide a high quality program for area children. We're looking forward to the upcoming school year and helping the children grow."
KidZone School's Out Camp also will be offered at Red Sandstone Elementary School during holiday breaks including Thanksgiving, the Christmas holiday time period, spring break and other no-school days.
The first School's Out Camps are scheduled for Monday, Aug. 31 and Tuesday Sept. 1. During these first two camps, elementary children will meet one-on-one with their teachers for roughly one hour on either date for testing.
Red Sandstone students will easily be able to attend these one-on-one appointments. Students from other schools will need to arrange for transportation to their testing appointments. The full-day School's Out Camp cost $36 for Eagle County School District students or $46 for out-of-district students.
KidZone is fully licensed by the Colorado Department of Human Services - Division of Child Care.
For more information, call the VRD Youth Services Department at 479-2292 or go to www.vailrec.com
Comment on "Vail Rec District launches registration for popular KidZone after-school program" using the form below