- Vail Recreation District offers a slew of summer youth sports camps
- Masters Gallery and Artist Carrie Fell team up to teach Vail preschoolers to paint outside the lines
- Vail Rec District offers pre-schoolers everything from story hour to ice skating
- Vail Oktoberfest Fun Run offers 10K, 5K and 1K for runners of all ages
- Registration under way for slew of Vail Rec District skating programs at Dobson
- Vail Rec District launches registration for popular KidZone after-school program
- Vail Rec District Youth Sports Camps rev back up in August
- Vail Recreation District fall youth soccer registration under way until Aug. 8
- Raptor Education Foundation soars into Vail's Lionshead area every Friday in July
- All Real Kids Articles
October 1, 2009 — Registration is under way for the second fall session of Learn to Skate and Freestyle Jumps and Spins, plus the first session for Mini Mite and Mite Hockey at Dobson Ice Arena. The skating programs offer skaters ages four-to-14 an opportunity to learn the sport or enhance their skating skills.
Programs are as follows:
Mini Mite & Mite Hockey: Season 1 Begins Oct. 13, 2009 and Season 2 Begins Jan. 5, 2010. Children ages five-to-eight will learn the fundamentals of ice hockey through fun and educational instruction and competition. Both groups practice from 6 to 7 p.m. on Tuesdays.
Mini Mite sessions take place from 4 to 4:45 p.m. Sundays followed by Mite sessions from 4:45 to 5:30 p.m. Two weekends out of the season will include scheduled games at the Eagle Ice Rink. Equipment rentals are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Costs are $150 for one season or $250 for both seasons. Pre-register for both sessions and also receive an additional $75 discount, compliments of the Vail Eagle Hockey Association.
Learn to Skate: Session 2, Oct. 21 to Nov. 18. The second session of the Learn to Skate program will begin Oct. 21 and is perfect for children ages four and older who are interested in learning the basics of either figure or ice hockey skating. Classes take place from 3:30 to 4:15 p.m. and 4:15 to 5 p.m. on Wednesdays and cost $75 for the session.
Jr. Prep, Jumps and Spins: Session 2, Oct. 19 to Nov. 16. An extension of the basic skills class that teaches advanced tricks and skills to help take participant's skating to the next level. Skaters ages six and older must pass the basic level 6 to participate. This class offers participants 30 minutes of instruction followed by 60 minutes of freestyle skating. Classes take place from 4:15 to 5:45 p.m. on Mondays and cost $100 for the session.
In addition to classes, Dobson Ice Arena also offers adult ice hockey leagues, an adult broomball league, public skating, stick and puck sessions and events.
For more information, click here or call 479-2271.
1 Comment on "Youth figure skating, Ice Hockey program registration available for second fall sessions"