- CNBC picks Vail area home as one of America's Most Impressive Ski Homes
- Eagle County August real estate sales show modest signs of improvement
- Foreclosures continue to rise in Eagle, Garfield and Pitkin counties
- Minturn mayor says town isn't waiting on 'big pot of money' from Ginn Company, Battle Mountain
- Town to send Masinter a letter terminating deal to redevelop Vail's Lionshead Parking Structure
- $50 million in Vail Valley real estate to be auctioned in July
- April real estate sales off significantly from last year, but still second best month in 2009
- Vail Valley Real Estate market analysis: price ahead of the curve
- Local companies rally to re-use building materials and benefit Habitat Home Outlet
- All Real Estate Articles
July 2, 2009 — May saw a 30-percent jump in real estate transactions compared to the previous best month so far this year and the dollar volume showed an increase of 16 percent, according to an analysis by Land Title Guarantee Company.
A total of 79 transactions were closed in May for a total sales volume of $70,751,600, which resulted in an average sales price of $895,590. Forty-three percent of the transactions in May had a sales price less than $500,000. There was one sale of more than $3 million, a Chalet at Lodge at Vail that sold for
Year-to-date, multi-family homes continue to be the leading source of real estate sold in Eagle County. Thus far there have been 87 single-family home sold for a total of $111,422,500. The average price has been $1,280,718, and the average price per square foot has been $362.
There have been 98 multi-family units sold for a total of $132,987,800. The average sale price has been $1,357,018, and the average price per square foot has been $699.
Year-to-date the area with the most sales is Vail with 36. Vail is also the area with the highest dollar volume at $49,276,800.
Residential properties under $500,000 have accounted for the
majority of sales of any price range so far this year with 65
* Vail Village accounted for 31 percent of the total dollar volume with nearly $22 million in sales.
* Vail Village also showed the highest average price at more than $5 million.
* There were 34 multi-family homes that sold in May with an
average sales price of more than $1.2 million.
Comment on "May shows increase in sales and transactions, but numbers still well off from peak levels of 2007" using the form below