- CNBC picks Vail area home as one of America's Most Impressive Ski Homes
- Foreclosures continue to rise in Eagle, Garfield and Pitkin counties
- Minturn mayor says town isn't waiting on 'big pot of money' from Ginn Company, Battle Mountain
- Town to send Masinter a letter terminating deal to redevelop Vail's Lionshead Parking Structure
- $50 million in Vail Valley real estate to be auctioned in July
- May shows increase in sales and transactions, but numbers still well off from peak levels of 2007
- April real estate sales off significantly from last year, but still second best month in 2009
- Vail Valley Real Estate market analysis: price ahead of the curve
- Local companies rally to re-use building materials and benefit Habitat Home Outlet
- All Real Estate Articles
October 4, 2009 — Eagle County had 99 real estate transactions in August -- a decline of 10 percent compared to August of 2008 -- but the volume of sales still represents the largest number since December 2008.
Total dollar volume in August showed the second best month for all of 2009 with more than $91 million in sales, according to an analysis by Land Title. This brings the dollar volume for the year to more than half a billion dollars.
Through the first eight months of 2009, Eagle has the most transactions with 77; Vail Village has the highest dollar volume with $64,083,600; Bachelor Gulch has the highest price-per-square-foot at $1,227; and Bachelor Gulch has the highest average sales price at $4,387,500.
Vail Village has the highest sales price for a residential transaction at $15,950,000.
Year to date, 67 percent of all residential transactions that have sold are under $1 million. Three percent of all residential transactions sold have been for more than $5 million.
Eagle had the most transactions in August with 15. Bachelor Gulch had three transactions which made for the highest dollar volume and the highest average sales price for the month.
Comment on "Eagle County August real estate sales show modest signs of improvement" using the form below