Special to realvail.com
- C4 Waterman takes stand-up paddling from surf to snow at Teva Mountain Games in Vail
- GNC Ultimate Mountain Challenge returns to Vail to test top Teva Games athletes
- Registration open for the 2010 Teva Mountain Games
- Vail Nordic Center will close for the season April 4
- Past Olympians, world champions team with celebs for Vail's Korbel American Ski Classic March 17-21
- Vail Valley Foundation looks to fund local competitors through Athlete Commission grants
- Mountain bikers, off-road enthusiasts rally against Hidden Gems wilderness proposal
- Free skating, Pazzo's pizza, hockey gear raffle Sept. 9 at Dobson Ice Arena in Vail
- Vail Resorts, Lindsey Vonn ink four-year sponsorship deal ahead of 2010 Olympics
- Armstrong, Ritter revving up talks to revive Coors Classic-style stage race
- All Real Sport Articles
January 4, 2008 — The Burton Demo Tour, at Golden Peak in Vail this weekend, lets riders test ride the latest Burton Snowboard gear for free, and also includes a sponsor village, after parties, and, new this season, a free Learn to Ride Clinic Saturday, Jan. 5 for riders age seven and older.
Every stop on the 200-stop Demo Tour gives riders of all ages the chance to try the latest Burton gear at no cost. The hottest Burton boards, boots and bindings for men, women, girls and boys will be available to demo, although riders under the age of 18 will be required to have a parent sign a waiver on their behalf.
Each of the 10 Super Stop events, which includes Vail, will also feature an after party and either a Learn To Ride (LTR) event or the Burton AM Series competition. The LTR component will allow people that have never been snowboarding the opportunity to Learn to Ride for free at select stops. The Burton AM Series gives amateur riders an opportunity to qualify for the U.S. Open Snowboarding Championships March 17-23 at Stratton Mountain, Vt., as well as a chance to win more than $63,000 in cash and prizes.
The Super Stops are sponsored by Volvo cars, Emergen-C, Paul Mitchell, GORE-TEX® products and Snowboarder Magazine. A dedicated Super Stop sponsor village will have a huge array of new products for riders to check out, try out and win free gear, including: Volvo’s Swedish product reps showing the new Volvo XC70 Crossover and C30 coupe and giving away Burton snowboards daily; Paul Mitchell’s “Head for Change” booth; Emergen-C’s Feel the Good™ Lounge with a sweepstakes to win a trip for two to the U.S. Open; Snowboarder Magazine passing out free issues; GORE-TEX® fabric demoing Burton’s line of GORE-TEX® outerwear; R.E.D. helmets for demo and Anon goggles and sunglasses.
At Vail, the Demo Tour will be located at Golden Peak and operational from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Friday, Jan. 4 through Sunday, Jan. 6. The LTR component will be offered on Saturday, Jan. 5 from 9 a.m. to noon and again from 12:30 to 3:30 p.m. - for ages seven and older. Registration for the LTR groups can be made online only at burtondemotour.com. Signup is limited.
An after party at Golden Peak Grill, located in the Golden Peak Lodge, will be held on Saturday, Jan. 5 from 3:30 to 5:30 p.m. After Vail, the Demo Tour heads to Copper Mountain Jan. 11-13.
Details on the Burton Demo Tour can be found online at www.burtondemotour.com. For more about Burton Snowboards, riders can call the Burton Rider Service line at (800) 881-3138.
Comment on "Burton Demo Tour hits Vail this weekend" using the form below