Photo by Dan Davis trekkerphoto.com
- C4 Waterman takes stand-up paddling from surf to snow at Teva Mountain Games in Vail
- GNC Ultimate Mountain Challenge returns to Vail to test top Teva Games athletes
- Registration open for the 2010 Teva Mountain Games
- Vail Nordic Center will close for the season April 4
- Past Olympians, world champions team with celebs for Vail's Korbel American Ski Classic March 17-21
- Vail Valley Foundation looks to fund local competitors through Athlete Commission grants
- Mountain bikers, off-road enthusiasts rally against Hidden Gems wilderness proposal
- Free skating, Pazzo's pizza, hockey gear raffle Sept. 9 at Dobson Ice Arena in Vail
- Vail Resorts, Lindsey Vonn ink four-year sponsorship deal ahead of 2010 Olympics
- Armstrong, Ritter revving up talks to revive Coors Classic-style stage race
- All Real Sport Articles
July 28, 2008 — Vail’s Teva Mountain Games has been picked up by ABC, NBC, FOX and CBS, but why stop there? How about adding a RushHD special and the Ski Channel. Speak Spanish (Habla Espanol?), well then check out the Teva Mountain Games on Telemundo (Mira en Telemundo!).
The next airing of the 2008 Teva Mountain Games in the Colorado market will be Aug. 16 at 11:30 a.m. The Games got some airtime on Denver’s ABC affiliate (KMGH) on July 20th at 2 p.m., but the first 15 minutes were cut off because of some non-Teva Games sporting event (I have no idea what it was, and these things are strangely difficult to find out, but my outside guess would be Olympic Trials).
Good news, however, because the next airing of the Teva Mountain Games will be the real deal, the Full Monty, so to speak, and I’m looking forward to seeing it (I missed the first showing).
The 2008 Teva Mountain Games featured the first World Cup Climbing event on American soil in 20 years, along with other top-notch, world-class competition in trail running, mountain biking, creek and freestyle kayaking, rafting, trials biking, fly fishing and road biking.
Let’s see, did I leave anything out? Oh yeah, how about dock dogs jumping and retrieving competitions, mud runs, and the ultimate in mountain sport competitions: the Teva Mountain Games Ultimate Mountain Challenge.
And, since I’m at it, did I mention that Team RealVail notched second place in the amateur division of the UMC?
As the official online sponsor of the TMGs, I think we’ve got a lot on the line for next year’s competition. Team RealVail has been eating raw eggs, chasing chickens around the RV compound, and jogging up fourteeners every day in preparation for next year’s UMC. Are you reeeeaaaaaaaddy!
I’m already psyched for next year.
Check out more TV listing from you area at www.tevamountaingames.com
Check out realvail.com’s no B.S. coverage of the games at www.tevamountaingames.com.
Comment on "Teva Mountain Games to pick up more TV time in Colorado market" using the form below