Courtesy of Copper Mountain www.coppercolorado.com/index.htm
- C4 Waterman takes stand-up paddling from surf to snow at Teva Mountain Games in Vail
- GNC Ultimate Mountain Challenge returns to Vail to test top Teva Games athletes
- Registration open for the 2010 Teva Mountain Games
- Vail Nordic Center will close for the season April 4
- Past Olympians, world champions team with celebs for Vail's Korbel American Ski Classic March 17-21
- Vail Valley Foundation looks to fund local competitors through Athlete Commission grants
- Mountain bikers, off-road enthusiasts rally against Hidden Gems wilderness proposal
- Free skating, Pazzo's pizza, hockey gear raffle Sept. 9 at Dobson Ice Arena in Vail
- Vail Resorts, Lindsey Vonn ink four-year sponsorship deal ahead of 2010 Olympics
- Armstrong, Ritter revving up talks to revive Coors Classic-style stage race
- All Real Sport Articles
October 19, 2008 — Copper Mountain and Breckenridge announced last week that both Summit County ski resorts east of Vail will be opening on Friday, Nov. 7.
Keystone is also set to open that date, and Vail is scheduled to open Nov. 21, with Beaver Creek opening a few days later on Nov. 26. Arapahoe Basin and Loveland are already open for limited skiing.
Copper Mountain announced it will open one week ahead of its originally scheduled opening date, and Copper skiers can get a 15 percent discount on lodging opening weekend when they buy a lift ticket. Rates start at $99 per person.
Copper will host its annual Lift Off festivities Nov. 14-16, including demos, movie premiers, music and Lift Off lodging packages. Call 866-534-7443 for more details, or go to www.passwagon.com for pass deals.
Breckenridge Ski Resort is planning to open Friday, Nov. 7, with terrain, lifts and services on Peak 8. With cold temperatures in the forecast providing optimal snowmaking conditions Breckenridge started snowmaking operations Sunday, Oct. 19.
Skiers and riders can expect to enjoy top to bottom skiing via the Colorado Superchair. The BreckConnect Gondola will be open providing the only resort access with a ride from the skier parking lots in town (there is no parking on Peak 8 due to construction).
Breckenridge celebrates opening weekend with the First Annual Laughs and Lifts Comedy Festival. Taking place at the Village at Breckenridge from Nov. 6-8, featured acts include Eddie Gossling (Comedy Central), Chuck Roy (Will and Grace, Last Comic Standing - Semi Finalist), Denver’s Mile High Sci-Fi presents ‘The Terminator’, Wrist Deep Productions (Denver’s hottest underground comedy collective), Hypnotist Rusty-Z, with more to be announced. Visit www.laughsandlifts.com for updates and more information.
Breckenridge plans to open Peak 9 by Thanksgiving with all skier services available at both the Village and Beaver Run base areas. With early opening of Peak 8 and the Thanksgiving opening of Peak 9, the resort will be able to offer more variety by the Thanksgiving holiday.
Go to www.breckenridge.snow.com for more information.
Comment on "Copper, Keystone, Breckenridge all to open Nov. 7" using the form below