Jack Affleck/Vail Resorts
- C4 Waterman takes stand-up paddling from surf to snow at Teva Mountain Games in Vail
- GNC Ultimate Mountain Challenge returns to Vail to test top Teva Games athletes
- Registration open for the 2010 Teva Mountain Games
- Vail Nordic Center will close for the season April 4
- Past Olympians, world champions team with celebs for Vail's Korbel American Ski Classic March 17-21
- Vail Valley Foundation looks to fund local competitors through Athlete Commission grants
- Mountain bikers, off-road enthusiasts rally against Hidden Gems wilderness proposal
- Free skating, Pazzo's pizza, hockey gear raffle Sept. 9 at Dobson Ice Arena in Vail
- Vail Resorts, Lindsey Vonn ink four-year sponsorship deal ahead of 2010 Olympics
- Armstrong, Ritter revving up talks to revive Coors Classic-style stage race
- All Real Sport Articles
December 11, 2008 — Beaver Creek Ski Patrol is set to open Grouse Mountain and Larkspur Bowl this Saturday at 9 a.m. The resort will offer skiing and riding on more than 1,200 acres served by 12 chairlifts and six beginner conveyor lifts. Nearly every trail will open on Grouse Mountain. Trails set to open in Larkspur Bowl include Loco, Shooting Star and Lupine. The Birds of Prey Express Lift (Chair 9) also will offer access to skiing and riding on Goshawk and Red Tail. Dally trail will provide a return to the base.
Zoom Room Terrain Park, located off of the top of Cinch Express Lift (Chair 8) will open this weekend offering small introductory features such as rollers, tables, and rails with a progression to larger features towards the end of the park.
Also opening on Saturday, Beaver Creek Landing will provide an alternative entry to the main mountain for guests staying outside of Beaver Creek and guests can ride the Lower Beaver Creek Mountain Express Lift (Chair 15) and the Upper Beaver Creek Mountain Express Lift (Chair 18). On Dec. 13 the trails and track at McCoy Park will open for snowshoeing and cross country skiing.
For equipment rentals and other information call the Nordic Sports Center at 970-754-5313.
On Friday, Dec. 12 dinner service will begin at Beano’s Cabin. Reservations may be made by calling (970) 949-9090. Zach’s Cabin also opens for the season with dinner reservations available by calling (970) 754-6575.
Beaver Creek has received over a foot of snow in the past seven days and 31 inches since Dec. 1. The resort’s operating hours are 9 a.m.-3:30 p.m. For more information or reservations, call (970) 845-9090 or (800) 404-3535 or visit www.beavercreek.com.
Comment on "Beaver Creek to open Larkspur Bowl, Grouse Mountain" using the form below