By Dan Davis trekkerphoto.com
- C4 Waterman takes stand-up paddling from surf to snow at Teva Mountain Games in Vail
- GNC Ultimate Mountain Challenge returns to Vail to test top Teva Games athletes
- Registration open for the 2010 Teva Mountain Games
- Vail Nordic Center will close for the season April 4
- Past Olympians, world champions team with celebs for Vail's Korbel American Ski Classic March 17-21
- Vail Valley Foundation looks to fund local competitors through Athlete Commission grants
- Mountain bikers, off-road enthusiasts rally against Hidden Gems wilderness proposal
- Free skating, Pazzo's pizza, hockey gear raffle Sept. 9 at Dobson Ice Arena in Vail
- Vail Resorts, Lindsey Vonn ink four-year sponsorship deal ahead of 2010 Olympics
- Armstrong, Ritter revving up talks to revive Coors Classic-style stage race
- All Real Sport Articles
March 4, 2009 — The 10,000-foot mountain majesty of McCoy Park Nordic and cross-country ski center at the top of Beaver Creek provides the perfect backdrop for this Sunday's Jeremy Wright North American Snowshoe Championships.
All 10K participants will vie for the title of Jeremy Wright North American Snowshoe Champion while celebrating the memory of lost friend and fellow snowshoer Jeremy Wright.
McCoy Park is located at the top of Beaver Creek's Strawberry Park Express Lift and Upper Beaver Creek Mountain Express Lift.
Shuttles will pick up participants at any of the Beaver Creek free parking lots and transport them to the Beaver Creek Landing or Beaver Creek Village.
Snowshoe Series representatives will be located at both base areas distributing foot passes to registrants.
A post-event party for racers including food & beverages provided by Subway will be held at the ice skating rink in Beaver Creek Village following the event.
For more information, call Highline Sports & Entertainment (970) 476-6797, or pre-register for $25 by going to bcsnowshoe.com by Saturday, March 7. Or register at McCoy Park for $30 on race day from 9 to 10:45 a.m.
Comment on "Jeremy Wright North American Snowshoe Championships Sunday at Beaver Creek" using the form below