Courtesy Vail Valley Foundation
- Soulive to kick off free Hot Summer Nights concert series at Vail's Ford Amphitheater June 15
- NBC's 'Last Comic Standing' coming to Beaver Creek in January of 2011
- Yo-Yo Ma celebrates imagination with local children at Vail amphitheater June 26
- Wyclef Jean will headline Spring Back to Vail 2010
- Back by popular demand, the Bud Light Street Beat public pick
- Barenaked Ladies to headline Vail Snow Daze Dec. 12
- Local faves Laughing Bones to join Gandalf Murphy for Vilar Center fall music series
- Vail Oktoberfest on tap through the weekend in Lionshead and again Sept. 18-20 in Vail Village
- Rick Springfield to rock Beaver Creek’s VPAC as part of End of Summer 80's Bash
- All Real A&E Articles
March 26, 2010 — Thousands of music fans across the Vail Valley voted on the band they wanted to see play at Bud Light Street Beat this season, and when the votes were tallied, Zivanai Masango & Pachedu came out on top. The Boulder-based group brings their unique rhythms and world music sounds to Checkpoint Charlie in Vail Village on Wednesday, March 31 at 6 p.m.
When: Wednesday, March 31 at 6pm
Where: Checkpoint Charlie in Vail Village
More: www.streetbeatconcerts.com or 888-883-VAIL(8245)
The 2010 Bud Light Street Beat Public Pick Winner, Zivanai Masango & Pachedu is an Afropop/Afrojazz group that creates a fusion of jazz, blues, rock and Reggae, yet stays firmly rooted in the grooves, rhythms and traditions of Zimbabwe and Southern Africa. It's dance music at its finest and enchants audiences with its feel-good message.
Pachedu is led by vocalist and guitarist Zivanai Masango. Zivanai was born in Harare, Zimbabwe on the brink of the Southern African country’s independence. An all-round musician, multi-instrumentalist, composer and producer, Zivanai has toured and performed with such diverse artists as Panjea, The Motet and String Cheese Incident.
Laying the foundation for Pachedu’s musical experience is Paa Kow on drums (Hugh Masekela, George Darko, Panjea), Aaron Wheeler on bass, Atta Addo on percussion, Matt Wasowski on guitar (Jaka, Jyemo, Bizung Family), Danny Sears on keys and trumpet (Guster, Panjea, Motet, Ryan Adams) and H. Tafadzwa Masvikeni-Masango on vocals and percussion.
Zivanai Masango & Pachedu have released two albums, 2005’s Pachedu and 2007’s DutuStorm.
The 2010 Bud Light Street Beat free concert series runs weekly on Wednesdays through April 14 with two more shows on the docket—rock ‘n’ roll with Danielia Cotton and a Michael Jackson tribute titled Thriller featuring DJ Logic. At the final show, one lucky local will drive away with a 2011 Volvo C30, the series’ Grand Prize giveaway. Locals with a valid ID can register for the Volvo at each concert, while visitors to Vail can register to win a Quark Antarctic Expedition for two that will be awarded in June 2010.
The Zivanai Masango & Pachedu show is part of the Vail Valley Foundation’s Bud Light Street Beat free concert series. For more information, visit www.streetbeatconcerts.com.
Comment on "Vail Valley votes Zivanai Masango and Pachedu to play Street Beat March 31" using the form below