- Beaver Creek dining options abound as resort cranks up chairlift, opens Spruce Saddle
- Taste of Vail presents all-star lineup of nation's top chefs; offers stellar seminars, events
- Tap Room
- Vail Cascade offers new four-star dining with Atwater on Gore Creek
- Park Hyatt Beaver Creek launching new 8100 Mountainside Bar and Grill
- Dining Guide
- Palate meets powder: Taste of Vail under way April 2-5
- Sweet Basil celebrates 30 years
- All Real Dining Articles
September 3, 2008 — Independent Chef/Owner, Thomas Salamunovich will open Avondale in mid-September inside the Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa. Salamunovich, a local restaurateur, is known for his unique and winning Colorado-based concepts including Larkspur in Vail and Larkburger in Edwards. Avondale, his third restaurant, will offer simple, seasonal cuisine that emphasizes a strong farm-to-table relationship in the Westin’s mountain setting.
Salamunovich has assembled a top culinary team including Jeremy Kittelson of the Blackbird Restaurant in Chicago who will serve as Avondale's Executive Chef and Mike Regrut, formerly of Larkspur Restaurant, who will serve as the Executive Chef of the Westin Riverfront Resort and Spa. Kittelson will oversee breakfast, lunch, and dinner in the restaurant and Regrut will manage all other food and beverage service within the hotel, including in room dining, banquet, spa, and poolside service.
The Manhattan-based architects, Asfour Guzy, are responsible for Avondale's design. Known for their award-winning projects of diverse scale across the U.S. and Europe, Asfour Guzy's restaurant designs have included the highly acclaimed Blue Hill at Stone Barns in upstate New York and Redd in Yountville, California.
For more information: www.avondalerestaurant.com
1 Comment on "Avondale restaurant to open in the Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa at the base of Beaver Creek"