- Town of Vail office manager scores new Volvo at final Streetbeat concert
- Sold-out Conway Cup community race honoring Dan Conway kicks off Korbel American Ski Classic
- Girardelli, Mahre, Klammer, Kostner, Wiberg among ski-racing legends in town for Ski Classic
- Vail Valley Foundation honors Beth Slifer as Vail Valley Citizen of the Year
- 2009 Vail Valley Citizen of the Year Award nominations due Friday
- Alpine Gardens to honor Dr. Richard Steadman with Spirit of Betty Ford Award in Vail Aug. 13
- Vail Valley Foundation now taking nominations for 2009 Citizen of the Year Award
- Randall named co-chair of the Vail Valley Medical Center Foundation
- O’Brien leaves Vail Valley Medical Center board after 11 years
- All Real Lives Articles
June 17, 2009 — Vail Resorts recently announced the ski company will host a celebration of the the life and legacy of William R. "Sarge" Brown on Saturday, June 20, at 11:30 a.m. at the Gerald R. Ford Amphitheater in Vail.
The service is open to the public, and the community is encouraged to attend.
Brown, who passed away at his home on Sept. 14 at the age of 85, set the bar for perfection in mountain operations through more than 25 years of service as mountain manager for Vail Mountain.
Advances in mountain operations under Brown's supervision, including trail maintenance and snowmaking, have made Vail the premier destination it is today.
Comment on "Celebration of the life of 'Sarge' Brown set for Saturday at Ford Amphitheater" using the form below