Courtesey Eagle County Sheriff's Office
- Recent town of Vail community survey identifies parking as top issue for townies
- Vail Christian High School board buys back bonds, rescues next school year
- Vail Resorts to host Lindsey Vonn celebration in Vail Wednesday, March 31
- Vail Resorts Epic Pass, Summit Pass available through November 30, 2009
- 9 candidates, including 3 incumbents, running for 4 Vail Town Council seats Nov. 3
- Nominating petitions for four open Vail Town Council seats available Sept. 14
- Eagle County commissioners to vote Tuesday on temporary marijuana dispensary regulations
- Vail Town Council rejects ballot question to change council terms
- Polis defends health-care reform at packed town hall in Edwards
- Vail blaze illustrates need for defensible space, roadless rule changes, state says
- All Real News Articles
June 21, 2008 — The Eagle County Sheriff’s Office has sent Search and Rescue to Beaver Creek in search of a 56-year-old woman from Lincoln, Nebraska, who reportedly fell into a creek while horseback riding.
Rescue efforts resumed at 7 a.m. Saturday morning on Beaver Creek Mountain. The search is being conducted with two search and rescue dogs, two water rescue teams, and a team searching on horseback. Helicopters from the nearby National Guard helicopter training school are also helping with the investigation.
The search began immediately following a 911 call that came in the Vail Public Safety Communication Center at 6:11 p.m. reporting the incident.
The female was on a ride with a local outfitter that provides horseback rides to Beano’s Cabin. The horse she was riding lost its footing and the female fell into the creek. The horse was recovered further downstream and suffered minor injuries.
The Eagle County Sheriff’s Office, Vail Mountain Rescue, Beaver Creek Mountain crews, Greater Eagle River Fire, Eastern Eagle County Ambulance, and the Salvation Army are assisting with rescue operations.
More information will be available as rescue operations continue.
Comment on "Search is on for woman missing on Beaver Creek" using the form below