- Recent town of Vail community survey identifies parking as top issue for townies
- Vail Christian High School board buys back bonds, rescues next school year
- Vail Resorts to host Lindsey Vonn celebration in Vail Wednesday, March 31
- Vail Resorts Epic Pass, Summit Pass available through November 30, 2009
- 9 candidates, including 3 incumbents, running for 4 Vail Town Council seats Nov. 3
- Nominating petitions for four open Vail Town Council seats available Sept. 14
- Eagle County commissioners to vote Tuesday on temporary marijuana dispensary regulations
- Vail Town Council rejects ballot question to change council terms
- Polis defends health-care reform at packed town hall in Edwards
- Vail blaze illustrates need for defensible space, roadless rule changes, state says
- All Real News Articles
July 23, 2008 — Vail Town officials are reporting that emergency crews are working to remove a construction crane that has fallen across the South Frontage Road this afternoon as part of a construction project at the Vail Spa Condominiums, 710 West Lionshead Circle. There have been no injuries or property damage. The accident was reported at 12:25 p.m.
Both lanes of the South Frontage Road were closed from about 2 p.m. to about 8:30 p.m.
Vail Deputy Fire Chief Mike McGee says the crane operator/owner was hoisting materials off the ground and onto the roof when the crane became unstable and tipped. It is a 40-ton capacity mobile crane owned by HI Cranes, Inc., of Eagle.
The operator was assisting with an exterior decking project at the property when the accident occurred. Vail Spa is managed by East West Resorts and includes 32 condominiums.
Responding agencies include Vail Fire, Vail Police Department, Vail Public Works Department and the Colorado Department of Transportation.
The Frontage Road will be reopened later this evening once the crane has been cleared. Officials from the Occupational Safety & Health Administration are en route from Denver to conduct an investigation.
Comment on "Crane overturns at Vail Spa, no injuries or damage reported" using the form below