- Soulive to kick off free Hot Summer Nights concert series at Vail's Ford Amphitheater June 15
- NBC's 'Last Comic Standing' coming to Beaver Creek in January of 2011
- Yo-Yo Ma celebrates imagination with local children at Vail amphitheater June 26
- Wyclef Jean will headline Spring Back to Vail 2010
- Vail Valley votes Zivanai Masango and Pachedu to play Street Beat March 31
- Back by popular demand, the Bud Light Street Beat public pick
- Barenaked Ladies to headline Vail Snow Daze Dec. 12
- Local faves Laughing Bones to join Gandalf Murphy for Vilar Center fall music series
- Vail Oktoberfest on tap through the weekend in Lionshead and again Sept. 18-20 in Vail Village
- Rick Springfield to rock Beaver Creek’s VPAC as part of End of Summer 80's Bash
- All Real A&E Articles
December 12, 2007 — The annual Bud Light Street Beat free winter concert series is back for another season starting Dec. 19 in Vail Village, with better bands, twice as many cars to give away and an í80s favorite, English Beat, kicking things off at Checkpoint Charlie.
The British ska legends crank it up starting at 6 p.m., Wednesday, Dec. 19, and everyone in attendance can enter to win a Volvo at the kickoff show.
This seasonís series has gone monthly in order to bring in higher-caliber performers, and includes six big-name concerts, from the English Beat to Colbie Caillat in April. All shows are free and begin at 6 p.m. at Checkpoint Charlie in Vail Village.
January features Squirrel Nut Zippers, February brings Stockholm Syndrome, and March kicks it with the Young Dubliners. Two springtime concerts round out the series on April 2 with the John Popper Project featuring DJ Logic and April 9 with Colbie Caillat.
This seasonís series kicks off with a chance to win a 2008 Volvo C30, given away at the inaugural concert on Dec. 19. Additionally, locals can register each month to win another grand prize of a 2008 Volvo C30. Out of town guests can register monthly to win a trip in the Volvo Vail grand prize guest giveaway return vacation with deluxe accommodations. Both of those grand prizes will be given away at the final concert in Vail Village on April 9.
Dress warmly because the shows are all outdoors and proceed regardless of the weather. Food and drink are available for purchase at each show, and free parking is offered in Vail Village and Lionshead parking structures after 3 p.m.
The 2007-08 Bud Light Street Beat is a project of the Vail Valley Foundation. For more information, or to volunteer for the Street Beat series, visit streetbeatconcerts.com or call (970) 949-1999.
2007-2008 Bud Light Street Beat Concerts:
Dec. 19: The English Beat
Jan. 16: Squirrel Nut Zippers
Feb. 20: Stockholm Syndrome
March 19: Young Dubliners
April 2: John Popper Project with DJ Logic
April 9: Colbie Caillat
Comment on "Street Beat is back with fewer shows but better lineup" using the form below