- Soulive to kick off free Hot Summer Nights concert series at Vail's Ford Amphitheater June 15
- NBC's 'Last Comic Standing' coming to Beaver Creek in January of 2011
- Yo-Yo Ma celebrates imagination with local children at Vail amphitheater June 26
- Wyclef Jean will headline Spring Back to Vail 2010
- Vail Valley votes Zivanai Masango and Pachedu to play Street Beat March 31
- Back by popular demand, the Bud Light Street Beat public pick
- Barenaked Ladies to headline Vail Snow Daze Dec. 12
- Local faves Laughing Bones to join Gandalf Murphy for Vilar Center fall music series
- Vail Oktoberfest on tap through the weekend in Lionshead and again Sept. 18-20 in Vail Village
- Rick Springfield to rock Beaver Creek’s VPAC as part of End of Summer 80's Bash
- All Real A&E Articles
December 27, 2007 — Vail’s only two movie theaters closed down this year, but that won’t have a negative impact on the Vail Film Festival, event organizers said.
In an email to realvail.com, event co-founder Sean Cross wrote the following:
“Fortunately for the festival the closing of the theaters will not have a significant impact on the event. Although the Cascade theater is no longer operating we will utilize the facility for the 2008 film festival and therefore we will see no negative impact there.
“Crossroads is a different story but again it won't be a big factor for us as we will use hotel ballrooms for our screenings, as well as the Vail Mountain School's theater, which is the largest theater in Vail and a beautiful space.
“As a film fan I'm saddened about the fact that Vail doesn't have any theaters. However, I'm optimistic about the future of film in Vail as I believe Solaris will have state of the art theaters and will hopefully open within the next couple of years.
“For people who love film we are putting together a great program for the 2008 Vail Film Festival and we hope to make up for the scarcity of theaters and films in the Vail Valley.”
The Festival takes place April 3 - 6, 2008 in Vail Village, Cascade Village, and the Vail Mountain School. Festival information can be found at VailFilmFestival.org.”
Comment on "Vail Film Fest organizers say theater closings not a problem" using the form below