- Soulive to kick off free Hot Summer Nights concert series at Vail's Ford Amphitheater June 15
- NBC's 'Last Comic Standing' coming to Beaver Creek in January of 2011
- Yo-Yo Ma celebrates imagination with local children at Vail amphitheater June 26
- Wyclef Jean will headline Spring Back to Vail 2010
- Vail Valley votes Zivanai Masango and Pachedu to play Street Beat March 31
- Back by popular demand, the Bud Light Street Beat public pick
- Barenaked Ladies to headline Vail Snow Daze Dec. 12
- Local faves Laughing Bones to join Gandalf Murphy for Vilar Center fall music series
- Vail Oktoberfest on tap through the weekend in Lionshead and again Sept. 18-20 in Vail Village
- Rick Springfield to rock Beaver Creek’s VPAC as part of End of Summer 80's Bash
- All Real A&E Articles
June 16, 2008 — The center of Vail’s summer universe has long been the Hot Summer Nights free concert series on Tuesday nights. It’s the one place where you can run into old friends you haven’t seen in years, along with good friends from the neighborhood, and all the while there’s some pretty good music rockin’ in the background.
Families bring picnics for the grassy hillside atop the venue and music lovers populate the front rows of the theater’s seating. Beer and wine are served inside (the series is, after all, sponsored by Bud Light).
Perhaps the biggest band of the summer opens this year’s series: The Reverend Horton Heat. Dubbed “pumkabillie,” The Heat is one of those bands that seems to light its strings afire each time they play with a hard-charging kind of rockabillie and a flamboyant stage presence.
The free music starts at 6:30 p.m., with the gates opening at 5:30 p.m.
The series continues each Tuesday night through August 19, with the exclusion of July 29. For more information on Bud Light Hot Summer Nights, please visit www.hotsummernightsconcerts.com or call (970) 949-1999. The Bud Light Hot Summer Nights Concert series is a project of the Vail Valley Foundation.
2008 Bud Light Hot Summer Nights Concert Series
June 17 - Reverend Horton Heat
June 24 - Drew Emmitt Band
July 1 - Walker Williams
July 8 - Lee Boys
July 15 - Hot Buttered Rum
July 22 - Boom Box
August 5 - Bud Light Hot Summer Nights of Dance - Buckets & Tap Shoes
August 12 - Ryan Shaw
August 19 - Dirty Dozen Brass Band
Comment on "Reverend Horton Heat opens summer of free concerts at Vail's Ford Amphitheater" using the form below