Jack Affleck/Vail Resorts vail.snow.com
- Soulive to kick off free Hot Summer Nights concert series at Vail's Ford Amphitheater June 15
- NBC's 'Last Comic Standing' coming to Beaver Creek in January of 2011
- Yo-Yo Ma celebrates imagination with local children at Vail amphitheater June 26
- Wyclef Jean will headline Spring Back to Vail 2010
- Vail Valley votes Zivanai Masango and Pachedu to play Street Beat March 31
- Back by popular demand, the Bud Light Street Beat public pick
- Barenaked Ladies to headline Vail Snow Daze Dec. 12
- Local faves Laughing Bones to join Gandalf Murphy for Vilar Center fall music series
- Vail Oktoberfest on tap through the weekend in Lionshead and again Sept. 18-20 in Vail Village
- Rick Springfield to rock Beaver Creek’s VPAC as part of End of Summer 80's Bash
- All Real A&E Articles
December 9, 2008 — The traditional Holidays in Vail Christmas Tree Lightings in LionsHead and Vail Village are scheduled to take place on Friday, Dec. 19.
The start time for the LionsHead tree lighting is 5:30 p.m. in the LionsHead Mall area, near Billy’s Island Grill restaurant. Children of all ages are invited to participate in the LionsHead tree lighting and then in a Children’s Parade from LionsHead to Vail Village to light the tree in Slifer Plaza. The Vail Village tree lighting is expected to take place between 6:15 and 6:30 p.m., depending on the length of the parade.
Both events are free and open to the public.
“We invite families and children of all ages to come out and participate in one of Vail’s longest running traditions, the lighting of the Christmas trees,” said Laurie Asmussen, of Eagle Valley Events, Inc, the event organizer. “This is such a special time of the year for families to visit Vail and we really think children of all ages will enjoy participating. It will be fun to stop by either location, grab a cup of hot cocoa and enjoy the free caroling on your way to dinner in either LionsHead or Vail Village,” said Asmussen.
In addition to the planned tree lightings, carolers will perform throughout LionsHead and Vail Village nightly from 7 to 10 p.m. Dec. 18–23. The Dickens Carolers, a local group of performers, will host a special free Holiday Concert at the Vail Interfaith Chapel on Saturday, Dec. 20 at 7:30 p.m.
The Chabad Jewish Center will be hosting Chanukah on Ice at the Dobson Ice Arena on Wednesday, Dec. 24 from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m.; Vail’s Annual Matzah Ball Party at the Tap Room in Vail Village on Wednesday, Dec. 24 at 9 p.m.; and a Grand Ice Menorah Lighting in LionsHead Village on Saturday, Dec. 27 at 6:30 p.m. For more information on these events, call (970) 476-7887.
The Holidays in Vail New Year’s Eve Torchlight Parade and Fireworks Show at Golden Peak on Vail Mountain will take place at 6:15 p.m. on Dec. 31.
The event is free and open to the public.
For more information on Holidays in Vail, or to add your event to the schedule, please call (970) 477-3699.
Comment on "Holidays in Vail tree lightings set for December 19" using the form below