- Soulive to kick off free Hot Summer Nights concert series at Vail's Ford Amphitheater June 15
- NBC's 'Last Comic Standing' coming to Beaver Creek in January of 2011
- Yo-Yo Ma celebrates imagination with local children at Vail amphitheater June 26
- Wyclef Jean will headline Spring Back to Vail 2010
- Vail Valley votes Zivanai Masango and Pachedu to play Street Beat March 31
- Back by popular demand, the Bud Light Street Beat public pick
- Barenaked Ladies to headline Vail Snow Daze Dec. 12
- Local faves Laughing Bones to join Gandalf Murphy for Vilar Center fall music series
- Vail Oktoberfest on tap through the weekend in Lionshead and again Sept. 18-20 in Vail Village
- Rick Springfield to rock Beaver Creek’s VPAC as part of End of Summer 80's Bash
- All Real A&E Articles
February 24, 2009 — The New Yorker on the Slopes brings three uplifting days of comedy, film, music and cartoons to Beaver Creek Thursday, Feb. 26 to Saturday, Feb. 28.
Presented by The New Yorker, the event includes a free movie premiere and top musical and comedic acts, and it also features free daily events in Beaver Creek Village, including cartoonist sketching demonstrations, Kid-tooning entertainment for the little ones and Cartoons and Cocktails for mom and dad.
On Thursday, Feb. 26, a free screening of the film “Phoebe in Wonderland” featuring the cast of Elle Fanning, Felicity Huffman, Bill Pullman and Patricia Clarkson, takes place at the Vilar Performing Arts Center at 7 p.m.
The movie is about a girl who can’t or won’t follow the rules. Post-screening, there will be a question and answer session with the director and producer. The event is free but tickets are required and limited seating is available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Friday, Feb. 27 legendary musician Chuck Mangione takes the stage at the Vilar Center at 7:30 p.m. Tickets are $50 per person.
Comedic great Martin Short performs “If I’d Saved, I Wouldn’t Be Here” on Saturday, Feb.28 at 7:30 p.m. at the Vilar. Tickets are $65 per person.
For tickets to The New Yorker on the Slopes events at the Vilar Performing Arts Center, call (888) 920-2787, visit www.vilarpac.org, or stop by the Vilar Center Box Office in Beaver Creek.
The New Yorker Lounge will be open daily from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Feb. 26-28 outside of McCoy’s near the base of the lifts and guests can drop by in between ski runs for live sketching demonstrations with New Yorker cartoonists plus enjoy complimentary hot chocolate, cookies and other giveaways.
Guests also can enter the New Yorker on the Slopes Caption Contest. Caption-less cartoons will be on display throughout the village and contestants will enter for a chance to win a signed, framed copy of the cartoon by one of four cartoonists.
After the ski day is done the Kid-tooning tent will be open from 3-5 p.m. next to the Village Ice Skating Rink. There kids can learn from New Yorker cartoonists and take away complimentary drawing pads and supplies.
Parents can stop by the Cartoons and Cocktails après party at the Antlers Bar in the Park Hyatt from 3-5 p.m. to enjoy a cocktail and interact with members of The New Yorker staff and their cartoonists. Plus, they can take home a personalized New Yorker cartoon.
For more information about Beaver Creek’s New Yorker on the Slopes event visit www.beavercreek.com or call (970) 845-9090.
Comment on "Martin Short, Chuck Mangione headline New Yorker on the Slopes" using the form below