Courtesy of the Vail Valley Foundation www.vvf.org
- Soulive to kick off free Hot Summer Nights concert series at Vail's Ford Amphitheater June 15
- NBC's 'Last Comic Standing' coming to Beaver Creek in January of 2011
- Yo-Yo Ma celebrates imagination with local children at Vail amphitheater June 26
- Wyclef Jean will headline Spring Back to Vail 2010
- Vail Valley votes Zivanai Masango and Pachedu to play Street Beat March 31
- Back by popular demand, the Bud Light Street Beat public pick
- Barenaked Ladies to headline Vail Snow Daze Dec. 12
- Local faves Laughing Bones to join Gandalf Murphy for Vilar Center fall music series
- Vail Oktoberfest on tap through the weekend in Lionshead and again Sept. 18-20 in Vail Village
- Rick Springfield to rock Beaver Creek’s VPAC as part of End of Summer 80's Bash
- All Real A&E Articles
April 17, 2009 — As Vail’s spring gave way to summer in 1987, the prospect of the grand opening of a brand new amphitheater and the potential of the facility’s first series of musical offerings dawned on the Vail Valley’s horizon.
Now, 23 years later, the Bud Light Hot Summer Nights series has become the Vail Valley’s Tuesday night social event of choice and the Gerald R. Ford Amphitheater has firmly established itself as one of the premier performing arts venues in the nation.
The venue and the series will join forces once again June 16 as the 2009 edition of Bud Light Hot Summer Nights officially kicks off a nine-week run of free weekly musical and one dance performance at the Ford Amphitheater.
“Ironically,” offered Ceil Folz, president of the Vail Valley Foundation, “I was working for the Vail Recreation Department in 1987 and Hot Summer Nights was a Rec Department program. It became a Foundation event in 1991, but it’s gratifying to not only still be responsible for the series, but to also see how well respected Bud Light Hot Summer Nights has become over the past 23 years. It’s so much more than a weekly gathering of locals these days.”
Opening night will be headlined by the Southern soul sounds of JJ Grey & Mofro, while other June bands will include The Dynamites featuring Charles Walker on June 23 and Jackopierce on June 30.
July will be highlighted by the public choice band selection on July 7, the bluegrass styling of Oakhurst on July 14, Queen tribute band Queen Nation on July 21 and the “New Funk” of New Mastersounds on July 28.
The free concert series will come to a rousing close in August with the Hot Summer Nights of Dance featuring Buckets & Tap Shoes and a hip-hop dance group on August 11, held in conjunction with the Vail International Dance Festival, while reggae star Eek-A-Mouse brings down the curtain on August 18.
All Bud Light Hot Summer Nights free concerts get underway at 6:30 p.m.and the gates of the Gerald R. Ford Amphitheater open at 5:30 p.m.
The 2009 Bud Light Hot Summer Nights series is a project of the Vail Valley Foundation. For additional information on Bud Light Hot Summer Nights, visit www.hotsummernightsconcerts.com.
Comment on "Vail Valley Foundation announces free summer concert series lineup" using the form below