Courtesy of the Vail Valley Foundation www.vvf.org
- Soulive to kick off free Hot Summer Nights concert series at Vail's Ford Amphitheater June 15
- NBC's 'Last Comic Standing' coming to Beaver Creek in January of 2011
- Yo-Yo Ma celebrates imagination with local children at Vail amphitheater June 26
- Wyclef Jean will headline Spring Back to Vail 2010
- Vail Valley votes Zivanai Masango and Pachedu to play Street Beat March 31
- Back by popular demand, the Bud Light Street Beat public pick
- Barenaked Ladies to headline Vail Snow Daze Dec. 12
- Local faves Laughing Bones to join Gandalf Murphy for Vilar Center fall music series
- Vail Oktoberfest on tap through the weekend in Lionshead and again Sept. 18-20 in Vail Village
- Rick Springfield to rock Beaver Creek’s VPAC as part of End of Summer 80's Bash
- All Real A&E Articles
May 17, 2009 — It’s time to dust off the coolers, break out the lawn chairs and clear Thursday evenings in July on the calendar as the American National Bank ShowDown Town, presented by the Town of Eagle, hits Eagle Town Park for the 2009 edition of the popular free concert series.
The free shows will kick off July 2, helping to usher in the 4th of July festivities, with the 60’s feel good sounds of the Strolling Scones. With authentic renditions of tunes from the era, along with some of their own compositions, the Scones combine harmony and guitar-driven rock and roll to get the whole family moving.
“Thursday evenings at Eagle Town Park has really become an integral part of the summer social fabric of the valley,” said Michael Imhof, Vice President of Sales and Operations for the Vail Valley Foundation. “American National Bank ShowDown Town, presented by the Town of Eagle, has developed a tremendous following and there’s nothing more enjoyable than spending a summer evening in Eagle with good friends and good music.”
Additional free shows in July will include the funky vibes of Hustle on July 9; the funk, rock, blues and reggae sounds of the Matt Clark Band on July 16; the reggae styles, down-tempo and dub of Bonfire Dub on July 23; and the acoustic style bluegrass of Grass It Up to round out the series on July 30.
Along with the free music each Thursday, American National Bank ShowDown Town, presented by the Town of Eagle, also features kids’ activities at every performance. All American National Bank ShowDown Town free shows, presented by the Town of Eagle, get underway at 6:30 p.m. so pack up the family and head to Eagle Town Park every Thursday evening in July for free music and family fun.
The 2009 American National Bank ShowDown Town, presented by the Town of Eagle, is a project of the Vail Valley Foundation. For additional information on the free concert series check out www.showdowntownfreeconcerts.com.
Comment on "Vail Valley Foundation announces Eagle's ShowDown Town free concert line-up" using the form below