Photo courtesy of www.beavercreek.com
- Soulive to kick off free Hot Summer Nights concert series at Vail's Ford Amphitheater June 15
- NBC's 'Last Comic Standing' coming to Beaver Creek in January of 2011
- Yo-Yo Ma celebrates imagination with local children at Vail amphitheater June 26
- Wyclef Jean will headline Spring Back to Vail 2010
- Vail Valley votes Zivanai Masango and Pachedu to play Street Beat March 31
- Back by popular demand, the Bud Light Street Beat public pick
- Barenaked Ladies to headline Vail Snow Daze Dec. 12
- Local faves Laughing Bones to join Gandalf Murphy for Vilar Center fall music series
- Vail Oktoberfest on tap through the weekend in Lionshead and again Sept. 18-20 in Vail Village
- Rick Springfield to rock Beaver Creek’s VPAC as part of End of Summer 80's Bash
- All Real A&E Articles
May 19, 2009 — This weekend's Blues, Brews and BBQ festival in Beaver Creek is recognized as the unofficial kick off to the summer barbecue season in the mountains.
While sampling culinary creations from top barbecue chefs from around the nation, enjoy free live blues concerts in the village plaza.
Meanwhile, the Park Hyatt Beaver Creek concurrently presents the state’s largest exclusively Colorado microbrewery beer tasting. The festival takes place over Memorial Weekend, on Saturday and Sunday, May 23-24.
The Colorado Microbrewery Beer Tasting at the Park Hyatt will be held from 1 to 5 p.m. on Saturday, May 23. The tasting features more than 100 special concoctions from 35 Colorado-based breweries.
Tickets are $35 per person in advance or $40 per person at the door. Call (970) 949-1234 for ticket information.
Free outdoor blues performances will occur on the plaza below the Hyatt both Saturday and Sunday from noon to 6 p.m. Hear the sounds of Big Daddy Lee & the King Bee’s from noon to 2 p.m.; Otis Taylor 2:30-4 p.m. and Mavis Staples 4:30-6 p.m.
Kids’ activities and cooking demonstrations will also entertain festival attendees. Scenic chairlift rides will be offered from 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. May 23-25. Kids under 12 ride the lift for free when accompanied by a paying adult.
Free culinary demonstrations will be offered at noon, 1:30 p.m. and 3 p.m. both days in the Bon Appetit tent on the plaza and include samples and tips from some of the best BBQ talent in the world.
Participating local restaurants include Kirby Cosmos BBQ, Moe’s Original BBQ, Coyote Café, Dusty Boot Saloon, Park Hyatt, Rimini, Spago and Toscanini. They will be joined by out of town barbecue teams from Missouri, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Illinois and Colorado.
Take advantage of great lodging offers during Memorial Day weekend starting as low as $73 per night per person. Visit www.beavercreek.com or call (800) 404-3535 to book. Prices are subject to availability. Additional restrictions may apply.
The Blues, Blues and BBQ festival offers free admission. Food and beverages are available for purchase. For complete details on the festival, scenic lift rides and activities visit www.beavercreek.com or call (970) 845-9090.
Comment on "Blues, Brews and BBQ fest kicks off summer at Beaver Creek " using the form below