- Soulive to kick off free Hot Summer Nights concert series at Vail's Ford Amphitheater June 15
- NBC's 'Last Comic Standing' coming to Beaver Creek in January of 2011
- Yo-Yo Ma celebrates imagination with local children at Vail amphitheater June 26
- Wyclef Jean will headline Spring Back to Vail 2010
- Vail Valley votes Zivanai Masango and Pachedu to play Street Beat March 31
- Back by popular demand, the Bud Light Street Beat public pick
- Barenaked Ladies to headline Vail Snow Daze Dec. 12
- Local faves Laughing Bones to join Gandalf Murphy for Vilar Center fall music series
- Vail Oktoberfest on tap through the weekend in Lionshead and again Sept. 18-20 in Vail Village
- Rick Springfield to rock Beaver Creek’s VPAC as part of End of Summer 80's Bash
- All Real A&E Articles
July 20, 2009 — “Marley Meets Morcheeba” July 23 in Eagle as Scotty Stoughton’s Bonfire Dub brings their acoustic dub and huge harmonies to the park for the next-to-last edition of American National Bank ShowDown Town.
Offering up a mix of originals and covers by the Marleys, Steel Pulse, Morcheeba and Sublime, Bonfire Dub rolls out deep thick beats, surrounded by four-part harmonies in a reggae, dub and downtempo style.
“We are truly doing the music we love”, explained Stoughton, “keeping it simple and deep. Plus, we don’t take it too seriously and we’re having the best time on stage.”
Stoughton toured nationally with Leftover Salmon, laying down the first ever “rap-grass” and sitting in with the likes of Sam Bush, Bela Fleck and more.
After taking a few years off from the road, he began working on a solo record, the desire to play the new tracks live leading to the formation of Bonfire Dub.
Presented by the Town of Eagle, all American National Bank ShowDown Town concerts get underway at 6:30 p.m., with weekly kid’s activities also highlighting the family friendly evenings in the park.
The final free American National Bank ShowDown Town concert will feature the acoustic style bluegrass of Grass It Up, rounding out the series on July 30.
The 2009 American National Bank ShowDown Town, presented by the Town of Eagle, is a project of the Vail Valley Foundation. For additional information on the free concert series check out www.showdowntownfreeconcerts.com.
Comment on "Bonfire Dub plays free ShowDown Town concert in Eagle" using the form below