Courtesy of vaildance.org
- Soulive to kick off free Hot Summer Nights concert series at Vail's Ford Amphitheater June 15
- NBC's 'Last Comic Standing' coming to Beaver Creek in January of 2011
- Yo-Yo Ma celebrates imagination with local children at Vail amphitheater June 26
- Wyclef Jean will headline Spring Back to Vail 2010
- Vail Valley votes Zivanai Masango and Pachedu to play Street Beat March 31
- Back by popular demand, the Bud Light Street Beat public pick
- Barenaked Ladies to headline Vail Snow Daze Dec. 12
- Local faves Laughing Bones to join Gandalf Murphy for Vilar Center fall music series
- Vail Oktoberfest on tap through the weekend in Lionshead and again Sept. 18-20 in Vail Village
- Rick Springfield to rock Beaver Creek’s VPAC as part of End of Summer 80's Bash
- All Real A&E Articles
August 3, 2009 — With two-thirds of a whirlwind summer already in the books, the Bud Light Hot Summer Nights free concert series will take a much deserved break this week as the Vail International Dance Festival’s “Dance For $20.09” performance takes the stage of the Gerald R. Ford Amphitheater on Tuesday, Aug. 4, at 7:30 p.m.
Bud Light Hot Summer Nights will return to its regular Tuesday evening slot on August 11, with a special free performance of the popular Buckets & Tap Shoes, along with a collection of hip-hop dancers from Minneapolis, hosted in conjunction with the Dance Festival.
Created by Festival director Damian Woetzel last summer in an effort to make dance more accessible, both from a price and programming perspective, the Dance For $20.09 evening is specifically designed to provide the audience with a wide variety of dancers and dance styles. Tickets are priced at $20.09 for all Reserved pavilion seating and just $9 for General Admission lawn seating.
“You could easily pay several times as much for a seat in the rafters of a huge theatre in New York to see a lineup like the one Dance For $20.09 will bring to the Amphitheater,” Woetzel said. “Instead, here you’ll be only a few yards from the stage, seeing some of the finest dancers in the world perform right before your eyes. Or, for less than the price of a movie ticket, you can spread out a picnic blanket and enjoy the performance from the beautiful outdoor perspective of the Amphitheater lawn.”
Tickets for all performances of the 2009 Vail International Dance Festival are available online at www.vaildance.org or by phone at either (970) 845-TIXS (8497) or 888-920-ARTS (2787).
The Bud Light Hot Summer Nights free concert series and the Vail International Dance Festival are projects of the Vail Valley Foundation. For more information on Hot Summer Nights, visit www.vvf.org.
Comment on "Hot Summer Nights gives way to 'Dance for $20.09' Tuesday at Vail's Ford Amphitheater" using the form below