- Soulive to kick off free Hot Summer Nights concert series at Vail's Ford Amphitheater June 15
- NBC's 'Last Comic Standing' coming to Beaver Creek in January of 2011
- Yo-Yo Ma celebrates imagination with local children at Vail amphitheater June 26
- Wyclef Jean will headline Spring Back to Vail 2010
- Vail Valley votes Zivanai Masango and Pachedu to play Street Beat March 31
- Back by popular demand, the Bud Light Street Beat public pick
- Barenaked Ladies to headline Vail Snow Daze Dec. 12
- Local faves Laughing Bones to join Gandalf Murphy for Vilar Center fall music series
- Vail Oktoberfest on tap through the weekend in Lionshead and again Sept. 18-20 in Vail Village
- Rick Springfield to rock Beaver Creek’s VPAC as part of End of Summer 80's Bash
- All Real A&E Articles
August 4, 2009 — If your Sunday night plans call for a date night at the Vail International Dance Festival, why not make it a truly memorable evening with the “Park, Dine & Dance” special at Manor Vail’s Lord Gore Restaurant?
On Sunday, Aug. 9, the Lord Gore is offering a two-course meal for $25 per person, along with a 50 percent discount on bottles of wine over $50. Best of all, parking is free for the entire evening, with the restaurant located just across the Ford Park covered bridge from the Gerald R. Ford Amphitheater.
After the show, show your ticket stub for drink specials in the Fitz Lounge while ending the evening on the greatest creek-side deck in Vail. Dinner service begins at 5 p.m., with a 7:30 p.m. start for the International Evenings of Dance performance. Reservations are required and can be made by calling (970) 476-4959.
The lineup for the Aug. 9 International Evening will include artists from the Alvin Ailey American Dance Theatre, American Ballet Theatre, Boston Ballet, Argentine Tango Artists, DanceBrazil, Houston Ballet, LAFA and Artists from Taiwan, Paul Taylor Dance Company, New York City Ballet, Pacific Northwest Ballet and San Francisco Ballet.
One of the “additions” that Dance Festival director Damian Woetzel has incorporated into the Aug. 9 performance is an appearance by New York City Ballet’s Albert Evans, who is flying to Vail especially for this show. Evans, who appeared at the Festival in 2007, wowed audiences with his artistry and is considered one of the premier male dancers in this country today.
In addition to the Park, Dine & Dance special, different repertory and the special appearance by Evans, there is also one other factor that should be taken into account when considering the Aug. 9 International Evening: reserved seating for the Aug. 8 International Evening is all but sold out.
Why not make it a true night out on the town Sunday, Aug. 9, with dinner, courtesy of the Lord Gore at Manor Vail, and a show, courtesy of the Vail International Dance Festival.
Tickets for Sunday’s International Evening of Dance are priced at $65 and $85 for Reserved Amphitheater pavilion seating, $17 for General Admission lawn seating.
Tickets for all remaining performances of the 2009 Vail International Dance Festival are available online at www.vaildance.org or by phone at either (970) 845-TIXS (8497) or 888-920-ARTS (2787).
The 2009 Vail International Dance Festival is a project of the Vail Valley Foundation. For additional information on the Foundation, check out www.vvf.org.
Comment on "Manor Vail, Lord Gore team up with VVF for 'Park, Dine & Dance' special Sunday" using the form below