Photo courtesy of beavercreek.com
- Vail Recreation District offers a slew of summer youth sports camps
- Masters Gallery and Artist Carrie Fell team up to teach Vail preschoolers to paint outside the lines
- Vail Rec District offers pre-schoolers everything from story hour to ice skating
- Youth figure skating, Ice Hockey program registration available for second fall sessions
- Vail Oktoberfest Fun Run offers 10K, 5K and 1K for runners of all ages
- Registration under way for slew of Vail Rec District skating programs at Dobson
- Vail Rec District launches registration for popular KidZone after-school program
- Vail Rec District Youth Sports Camps rev back up in August
- Vail Recreation District fall youth soccer registration under way until Aug. 8
- Raptor Education Foundation soars into Vail's Lionshead area every Friday in July
- All Real Kids Articles
November 25, 2008 — The sixth annual Fantasy Gingerbread House competition and the 28th Annual Tree Lighting Ceremony and fireworks display will kick off the holiday season in Beaver Creek Friday, Nov. 28.
Elaborate gingerbread houses will be displayed and 100 percent of silent auction proceeds will go to Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA), a local organization serving abused and neglected children in Eagle, Summit, Lake and Clear counties.
Kids can get creative with the “Kids’ Holiday Wish for a Better World Poetry Contest”. Judges will select poems that best reflect the spirit of the holiday season. The winner will read the winning poem at the Tree Lighting Ceremony and will light the tree.
Families can celebrate the holiday season with the following activities in Beaver Creek Village on Friday, Nov. 28. Special programming is provided by Blue Creek Productions.
3 – 8:30 p.m. – Free public viewing and silent auction of gingerbread houses in the Gerald R. Ford Hall at the Park Hyatt Beaver Creek Resort and Spa.
5:30 – 6:30 p.m. – Tree Lighting Ceremony on Beaver Creek Plaza with musical performances, fireworks and a visit from Santa Claus.
6:30 – 7 p.m. – Hot chocolate and cookies served in the lobby of the Vilar Center for Performing Arts.
7 p.m. – Free family movie viewing of “The Santa Clause 3: The Escape Clause” at the Vilar Performing Arts Center. Seating available on a first-come, first-served basis, with tickets available beginning at 5 p.m. at the Vilar Center box office.
7 – 9 p.m. – Complimentary ice skating after the event on the Black Family Ice Rink. There will be no skating from 4:30 – 7 p.m. in order to accommodate the ceremony.
Bachelor Gulch Tree Lighting on Saturday, Nov. 29
The Bachelor Gulch Tree Lighting will take place the following evening on Saturday, Nov. 29. The Ritz-Carlton, Bachelor Gulch invites the community to participate in its daily fire pit lighting tradition at 3:15 p.m., followed by cookie decorating for children from 3:30 - 5 p.m. and the chance to build and decorate a “Habitat for Bachelor”, the resort’s resident-Labrador Retriever, to raise funds for the local Habitat for humanity organization. Guests will also enjoy complimentary hot chocolate, delectable treats and live carols by the local Mountain Harmony Group. A lighting of the hotel's holiday tree and surrounding areas will take place at 5: 45 p.m. on the Mountainside Terrace. All activities are open to the public. For more information, call The Ritz-Carlton, Bachelor Gulch at 970-748-6200.
More event information can be found at the beavercreek.com event page
Comment on "Fantasy gingerbread house competition, tree lighting, fireworks kick off family holidays at BC" using the form below