- Vail Recreation District offers a slew of summer youth sports camps
- Masters Gallery and Artist Carrie Fell team up to teach Vail preschoolers to paint outside the lines
- Vail Rec District offers pre-schoolers everything from story hour to ice skating
- Youth figure skating, Ice Hockey program registration available for second fall sessions
- Vail Oktoberfest Fun Run offers 10K, 5K and 1K for runners of all ages
- Registration under way for slew of Vail Rec District skating programs at Dobson
- Vail Rec District launches registration for popular KidZone after-school program
- Vail Rec District Youth Sports Camps rev back up in August
- Vail Recreation District fall youth soccer registration under way until Aug. 8
- Raptor Education Foundation soars into Vail's Lionshead area every Friday in July
- All Real Kids Articles
March 31, 2009 — Registration for Vail Recreation District (VRD) Youth Services summer programming begins Monday, April 6. Early registration for VRD residents and taxpayers is under way through April 3 by clicking here.
Spaces for the Camp Vail, Pre-Kamp Vail, Extreme Camp Vail and Camp Eco Fun are available on a first-come, first-served basis until the spaces have been filled. The camps offer children ages two and half to 14 a myriad of indoor and outdoor activities as follows:
Camp Vail: Monday-Friday, June 8 to Aug. 21
Vail's premier day camp, Camp Vail, invites children ages five (or entering Kindergarten) through 12 to experience a variety of activities including outdoor adventures, swimming, martial arts, art and science activities, special outings and more. Drop off is from 7:30 to 9 a.m. and pick up is from 4 to 5:30 p.m. Cost is $46 per day, per child for Eagle County residents or $63 per day, per child for out-of-county residents. Five-and 10-day sessions are available for $210 and $360 for Eagle County residents or $300 and $540 for out-of-county residents.
Pre-Kamp Vail: Monday-Friday, June 8 to Aug. 14
One of the only preschool specific programs in the Vail Valley during the summer, Pre-Kamp Vail offers children ages two-and-half to five years daily activities including arts and crafts, songs, games and daily adventure outings. Drop off is from 8 to 9 a.m. and pick up is from 4 to 5 p.m. Cost is $48 per child, per day for Eagle County residents and $66 per child, per day for out-of-county residents. Five-and 10-day sessions are available for $225 and $390 for Eagle County residents or $295 and $560 for out-of-county residents.
Camp Vail Camp Eco Fun: June 8 to Mid-August
VRD Youth Services joins the Nature Center for a unique two-day per week program that includes exploration of ecology including local flora and fauna. Participants enjoy Nature Center activities during the morning and join Youth Service's programs in the afternoons. There are two age groups for Camp Eco Fun: Hummingbirds for ages four to six with sessions Monday and Wednesday or Tuesday and Thursday and Hawks for ages seven to 11 with sessions on Tuesday and Thursday. The camp takes place from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Cost is $100 per child, for two for Eagle County residents. Purchase five or more sessions by May 1 and receive up to a $25 discount for the two-day sessions.
Extreme Camp Vail: Fridays, July 10 to Aug. 7
For the more adventurous campers, Extreme Camp Vail will take place Fridays and will offer children ages eight to 13 adventure-packed days including rafting, a trip to the Glenwood Caverns and a trip to Water World to name a few. Cost is $25 to $35 per day, per child with Camp Vail registration.
Skateboard Clinics: June 16- Aug. 18
Vail's skatepark will return this summer on the top deck of the LionsHead parking structure in Vail. Youth Services instructors will teach participants everything from basic skills and etiquette to perfecting tricks. Skateboard clinics will take place on Tuesdays and are for ages seven to 14 years old.
Additionally, the Imagination Station, Vail's unique learning and discovery center for children ages two through 12, will be open throughout the summer. Located in the LionsHead parking structure above Subway, the Imagination Station is a drop-in children's museum featuring hands-on art and science activities including a Bernoulli Blower, Marble Mania, Pendulum Art, a black-light room where children can "freeze" their shadows, toddler play area and "Science of Sound" exhibits. Cost is $5 per child, per day or a 10-day punch card for $35. Additionally, children ages three and older, who are toilet trained, can be dropped off with Imagination Station staff for up to three hours for $10 per child, per hour. Staff will guide children through a variety of activities depending on interest. Reservations are required for drop-off. Hours vary, call 479-2292 for seasonal hours and details.
* The VRD Sports Department also offers youth sports camps for baseball, lacrosse, volleyball, soccer and sports training. For a complete listing of youth sports camps and registration information, call 479-2280.
* Dobson Ice Arena will host its annual Bob Johnson Hockey School, as well as figure skating lessons and camps throughout the summer. For details, call 479-2271.
* The First Tee of Eagle County will return this summer at the Vail Golf Club. For details, call 479-2260.
1 Comment on "Open sign-up for Vail Recreation District summer camps starts April 6"