Courtesy of vailrec.com
- Vail Recreation District offers a slew of summer youth sports camps
- Masters Gallery and Artist Carrie Fell team up to teach Vail preschoolers to paint outside the lines
- Vail Rec District offers pre-schoolers everything from story hour to ice skating
- Youth figure skating, Ice Hockey program registration available for second fall sessions
- Vail Oktoberfest Fun Run offers 10K, 5K and 1K for runners of all ages
- Registration under way for slew of Vail Rec District skating programs at Dobson
- Vail Rec District launches registration for popular KidZone after-school program
- Vail Rec District Youth Sports Camps rev back up in August
- Vail Recreation District fall youth soccer registration under way until Aug. 8
- Raptor Education Foundation soars into Vail's Lionshead area every Friday in July
- All Real Kids Articles
June 17, 2009 — The Vail Recreation District's youth sports camps continue this month with the first of two Vail Figure Skating Camps for ages four and older, plus a Mini-Hawks Sports Training Camp for children ages four to six and the return of the Girl's Soccer Academy for ages six to 16.
The first of three Vail Gymnastics Camps also will take place this month for ages four and older. Registration is on a first-come, first served basis with camp information as follows:
Vail Figure Skating Camp: June 16 - 19, Ages Four and Older, Dobson Ice Arena
New in 2009, Dobson Ice Arena is offering a four-day camp for figure skaters of all skill levels, ages four and older. The new camp will include on-ice instruction, off-ice classes and freestyle sessions for half the day, followed by outdoor adventures and excursions to the Imagination Station, Vail Gymnastics Center, Vail Nature Center and more the remainder of the day.
Afternoon adventures will be organized by VRD Youth Services. Costs are $65 per day for skaters at a Basic to Junior Prep skill level or $85 per day for those at a Pre Pre skill level and above. The second camp will take place Aug. 3-6. Call 479-2271.
Mini-Hawk Sports Training Camp: June 22-26, Ages 4 to 6, Donovan Park Playing Field
An introductory program for young children, the Mini-Hawk camps will teach the basics of soccer, baseball and basketball. The five-day camp also will include unique games and fun activities for children. Camp runs from 9 a.m. to noon and costs $120. Camps are also scheduled or July 6-10 and 27-31. Call 479-2280 for details.
Vail Girl's Soccer Academy: June 22-26, Ages 6-15, Ford Park Athletic Fields
Returning for its second year, experienced local coaches and athletes will lead Girl's Soccer Academy participants in skills-based sessions including footwork, passing, receiving, touch, shooting and agility in an unique environment.
Cost is $160 for a full day, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. or $130 for a half day, 9 a.m. to noon. Children must be eight years or older to attend the full day session. Call 479-2280.
The Vail Valley Youth Foundation's First Tee of Eagle County Vail Junior Golf Camp: Ages 6-17, Vail Golf Club
Join Vail Golf Club staff for this unique junior golf program that teaches children life lessons through the game of golf. Cost is $85 per child, per session. Camps take place throughout the summer. Call for 479-2260 for details.
Vail Gymnastics Summer Camp: June 29 - July 3, Ages Four and Older, Vail Gymnastics Center
A new, week-long summer camp for children ages four and older that will not only include gymnastics, but also outdoor adventures such as hiking, visiting local parks and excursions to Dobson Ice Arena, the Imagination Station, Vail Nature Center and more.
Children will be grouped according to age and skill level. Costs are $125 for a half day, 9 a.m. to noon, or $150 for a full day. Children must be six years or older to attend the full day camp. Camps also take place July 27-31 and Aug. 24-28. Call 479-2287 for information.
Youth sports camps continue in July and August as follows:
* VRD Major League Soccer Camp: July 13-17 or Aug. 10-14, Ages 4 and Older. Call 479-2280.
* Bob Johnson Hockey School: July 19-25, Ages 8 and Older. Call 479-2271.
* VRD/Skyhawks Lacrosse Camp: July 27-30, Ages 7 to 14. Call 479-2280.
* VRD Back-to-Basics All-Star Basketball Academy, Ages 6 and Older. Call 479-2280
For more information, visit www.vailrec.com.
Comment on "Gymnastics, golf, skating and more: VRD youth sports camps keep rocking in June" using the form below