- Freestyle swim clinic, lodging special available at Westin Riverfront
- Avon's Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa lands prestigious Silver LEED certification
- Westin Riverfront offers new Pulse Yoga Ski Conditioning Course and one-day workshop
- Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa offers special package for Yoga Workshop weekend
- Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa offers Adrenaline Rush Guaranteed package
- Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa hosts eight-week weight-loss program with Dr. Jacqui Slavin
- Westin Riverfront at base of Beaver Creek offers huge ski holiday discounts on trips booked in July
- Vail All the Love campaign to give away 100 free airline tickets with lodging reservations
- Ultimate Playbill package pairs Westin luxury with Vail Valley cultural offerings
- Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa in Avon offers two fly-fishing packages
- All Real Lodging Articles
July 15, 2008 — Hiking Colorado’s 14ers is one of the most alluring elements of the outdoor life in Colorado, but tackling these 14,000-plus foot peaks alone can be daunting. Hiking with a guide and a group, on the other hand, can make for one of the most rewarding days of the summer. Package this together with rafting and a soak in a hot springs, and you’re looking at the kind of memory that will last a lifetime.
With this in mind, the Beaver Creek Hiking Center has introduced the Colorado 14er Adventure Plus package. This lodging package offers a choice of conquering the Arkansas River’s legendary whitewater or exploring one of Colorado’s historic mining towns; soaking in one of many natural hot springs; and bagging a 14er – one of the state’s highest peaks (of which there are 54).
“This package incorporates three of the adventures that many people long to experience in Colorado during the summertime,” said Nate Goldberg, director of the Beaver Creek Hiking Center. “With our close proximity to the Collegiate Peaks and the Arkansas River Valley, we’re able to provide the perfect opportunity to enjoy Colorado’s finest outdoor pursuits in one short trip.”
Participants depart Beaver Creek on Monday morning for one of two adventures; rafting the Arkansas River, or exploring the historic mining town of St. Elmo. Afterward, the group can soak away any pre-hiking tension at the historic Mt. Princeton Hot Springs, enjoy dinner at the Princeton Club and get a good night’s rest at the Mt. Princeton Hot Springs Lodge, all in preparation for a Tuesday morning ascent of one of the state’s famed 14ers. Following the hike, the group will return to Beaver Creek on Tuesday evening.
There are currently five trips planned to include each of the 14ers in the Collegiates; all trips depart on Monday morning and return on Tuesday evening:
July 21: Mt. Antero, 14,269 ft.
August 4: Mt. Shavano, 14,229 ft.
August 11: Mt. Harvard, 14,420 ft.
August 18: Mt. Antero or Mt. Shavano, 14,269 ft./14,229 ft.
August 25: Mt. Columbia, 14,073 ft.
The Colorado 14er Adventure Plus package includes: guides; transportation to and from the Beaver Creek Hiking Center; one night’s lodging at the Mt. Princeton Hot Springs Lodge, hot springs access, three meals, water, Gatorade, granola bars, use of Salomon hiking boots and packs, LEKI trekking poles and all-weather gear as needed.
The cost for each scheduled trip is $395 per person or $350 per person with double occupancy. Private trips can be arranged for $495 per person or $450 per person with double occupancy. Rafting changes are additional and the trip requires a two person minimum booking.
For more information or to make a reservation for one of the hiking center’s many outdoor adventures, contact the Beaver Creek Hiking Center at (970) 754-5373 or visit www.beavercreek.com.
Comment on "Beaver Creek offers new Colorado Adventure Plus package" using the form below