Courtesy of the Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa www.westin.com/riverfrontavon
- Freestyle swim clinic, lodging special available at Westin Riverfront
- Avon's Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa lands prestigious Silver LEED certification
- Westin Riverfront offers new Pulse Yoga Ski Conditioning Course and one-day workshop
- Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa offers special package for Yoga Workshop weekend
- Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa offers Adrenaline Rush Guaranteed package
- Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa hosts eight-week weight-loss program with Dr. Jacqui Slavin
- Westin Riverfront at base of Beaver Creek offers huge ski holiday discounts on trips booked in July
- Vail All the Love campaign to give away 100 free airline tickets with lodging reservations
- Ultimate Playbill package pairs Westin luxury with Vail Valley cultural offerings
- Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa in Avon offers two fly-fishing packages
- All Real Lodging Articles
September 25, 2008 — The Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa, the Vail Valley’s newest “green” resort, opened Thursday. The upscale resort in Avon with a gondola connection to Beaver Creek Mountain also offers unparalleled access to the Eagle River as well as signature Westin services and amenities.
The Westin Riverfront is on track to be the first upscale resort in Colorado to achieve coveted LEED certification from the U.S. Green Building Council. Unique green programs include guest recycling stations on every floor, preferred parking for hybrid vehicles, an on-site organic garden and the protection of open space through the donation of a five-acre park to the town of Avon.
The cornerstone of a $500 million condo hotel development, The Westin Riverfront features 210 finely appointed guest rooms ranging in size from studios to three bedrooms. The contemporary guest rooms are designed to promote balance and well-being with wireless Internet, expansive windows, custom kitchens, spa-like bathrooms and gas fireplaces.
Every room also features trademark touches like the Westin Heavenly Bed®, 24-hour Westin WORKOUT® fitness center, Westin Heavenly Bath® and Westin Service Express®, which allows guests to request every hotel service with one call.
The Westin Riverfront is connected to Beaver Creek Mountain via the Riverfront Express Gondola, which delivers skiers and snowboarders to world-class terrain in less than three minutes. Other amenities include a ski valet, on-site ski rental and fly fishing shops, a 25-meter outdoor lap pool and three oversized riverside hot tubs. The hotel’s 4,000 square feet of meeting space features floor-to-ceiling windows showcasing mountain views.
The Westin Riverfront’s 23,000-square-foot Spa Anjali offers signature spa treatments inspired by healing traditions of the mountains. Spa Anjali has 14 treatment rooms, a full-service salon and a complete fitness center with yoga, spin and Pilates classes and extensive exercise equipment. As the premiere green spa in the Rockies, Spa Anjali carries only environmentally-friendly products, including Amala Beauty and Anakiri.
Restaurant Avondale, led by acclaimed chef Thomas Salamunovich, will delight diners with its West Coast-inspired seasonal menu that focuses on purity of ingredients and simplicity of preparation. The 140-seat restaurant was designed the award-winning Asfour Guzy architecture firm of New York.
To celebrate its grand opening, The Westin Riverfront is offering fall rates beginning at $119 per night and early ski season rates from $249 per night. The hotel is also offering several introductory packages, including:
• The High Flying Fall Golf Retreat: Starting at $449 per night for two people, includes lodging, two rounds of golf at Red Sky Ranch & Golf Course and two 50-minute treatments and Spa Anjali
• Master the Mountain Golf Getaway: Starting at $199 per night for two people, includes lodging and two rounds of golf at Eagle Ranch Golf Course
• The Anglers Immersion Package: Starting at $999 for two people, includes two nights lodging, a private casting clinic and two guided fly fishing excursions led by Gore Creek Fly Fisherman
• The River Explorer Package: Starting at $279 for two people, includes two nights lodging, a stocked fly box, a local river map and tip sheet from Gore Creek Fly Fisherman
• The High Country Ladies Weekend – Starting at $365 per person, includes lodging, two 50-minute treatments at Spa Anjali and four complimentary cocktails
• The Ski & Spa Girlfriend Getaway: Starting at $715 per person, includes two nights lodging, one day of skiing at Beaver Creek Mountain with a high performance equipment package, two 50-minute spa treatments and a complimentary bottle of wine each evening
• The Westin Winter Wonderland Package: Starting at $1,635 for two people, includes three nights lodging, a two-day lift ticket to Beaver Creek Resort with a high performance ski package, two 80-minute spa treatments and breakfast for two each morning
• The Westin Winter Escape Package: Starting at $349 per night for two people, includes accommodations for two and breakfast for two each morning
Developed by East West Partners, The Westin Riverfront was designed by the architectural firm of Hornberger & Worstell of San Francisco in conjunction with OZ Architecture in Boulder, Colo. The interior was designed by internationally recognized leader Skidmore, Owings & Merrill, LLP.
Reservations can be made at www.westin.com/riverfrontavon or by calling 1-866-949-1616. For more information on Restaurant Avondale, please visit www.avondalerestaurant.com. Images available upon request.
Comment on "Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa opens its doors in Avon, launching green hotel movement" using the form below