- Freestyle swim clinic, lodging special available at Westin Riverfront
- Avon's Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa lands prestigious Silver LEED certification
- Westin Riverfront offers new Pulse Yoga Ski Conditioning Course and one-day workshop
- Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa offers special package for Yoga Workshop weekend
- Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa offers Adrenaline Rush Guaranteed package
- Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa hosts eight-week weight-loss program with Dr. Jacqui Slavin
- Westin Riverfront at base of Beaver Creek offers huge ski holiday discounts on trips booked in July
- Vail All the Love campaign to give away 100 free airline tickets with lodging reservations
- Ultimate Playbill package pairs Westin luxury with Vail Valley cultural offerings
- Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa in Avon offers two fly-fishing packages
- All Real Lodging Articles
January 13, 2009 — Alpine-chic Osprey blends mountain high energy with swank sophistication in Beaver Creek
Vail Resorts in December unveiled the expansion of its RockResorts lodging division with The Osprey at Beaver Creek, A RockResort. Following a $7 million dollar transformation, The Osprey at Beaver Creek, formerly known as The Inn at Beaver Creek, is the closest ski-in/ski-out hotel to a chairlift in North America.
The Osprey features 45 luxury guest rooms, alpine-chic design, a bar with a tapas-style menu, plus many other services and amenities. The boutique hotel is centrally located in Beaver Creek Resort.
“The Osprey exemplifies the RockResorts brand with distinct services and luxury amenities that capture the essence of its Rocky Mountain setting,” said Rob Katz, chief executive officer of Vail Resorts.
The Osprey’s guest rooms feature elegant furnishings, the finest linens, and lavish touches such as plush robes, flat-screen TVs with DVD players, MP3 player docking stations, customized pre-stocked refreshment centers and wireless Internet. The hotel was designed to ignite all the senses with an atmosphere of “play” and energy including a giant social room featuring classic movies on flat-screen TVs, and such amenities as a Wii entertainment system, and helmet cams that can be rented to film on-the-slopes adventures. The Osprey offers a fitness facility, outdoor heated pool, steam room and sauna. A perfect après ski scene, the pool deck offers an outdoor lounge seating, fire pit and full bar service.
The Osprey’s bar features custom cocktails, mixology lessons, and a tapas-style menu with memorable treats such as lobster nachos, grilled brie sandwiches or a stack of hand-dipped onion rings with spicy chipotle mayo. The menu is overseen by Executive Chef Michael Wilganowski, an 11-year culinary industry veteran.
Skiers stepping off the hotel’s back deck will be treated to a high-speed quad lift just 20 feet away. Guests can bring their own ski and snowboarding equipment, have it shipped ahead of the visit or arrange for custom rental gear to be delivered. Ski valets will store and prepare the gear so all equipment is ready and waiting slopeside when guests are ready to hit the powder.
For more information about The Osprey at Beaver Creek, please visit WWW.ROCKRESORTS.COM or call 866-621-ROCK (7625).
Comment on "Alpine-chic Osprey lodge setting new trends in Beaver Creek" using the form below